Course Title: Fire Marshall Course
Duration: Half Day
Type: Theory with fire extinguisher practical optional extra
Who Should Attend: Persons attending the course should be those who are to be nominated as the site/company Fire Marshal
Objectives: To give nominated employees with fire marshal responsibilities an understanding of fire and human behaviour in fire situations, together with the practical skills necessary to enable the appropriate action to be taken.
- Applicable legislation
- Chemistry of combustion
- Fire and its effects (use of video)
- Human behaviour in fires and hazardous situations
- Employers and employees responsibilities
- Fire safety design
- Fire alarms, fire detection and emergency lighting
- Role of the fire marshal – Fire evacuation procedure,
- Fire fighting equipment particular to site (theory or theory and practical)Assessment – all candidates are required to pass the theory test in order to obtain certificate.