Duration: ½ Day
Who Should Attend: Personnel who not only work at heights but also those who may influence work including designers, surveyors & manufacturers.
Objectives: To provide an appreciation of safety legislation covering safe working at heights & including examination of good working practice.
- The Health & Safety at work act
- HSE Guidance notes
- Construction (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1996
- Safe means of access
- Edge protection
- Working on inclined or flat roofs
- Builders hoists & their safe use
- Safe use of gin wheels
- Trestles, hop-ups & ladders
- Safety documentation
- Safety equipment
This course can also be extended to include specific training for specialists working at height