Who Should Attend
The IPAF Operator Course for Scissorlift and Cherry Picker is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for using a Mobile Vertical (Scissorlift) & Mobile Boom (Cherry Picker) type MEWPs (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms). Alternatively one of the MEWP types may be alternated for a Static Boom (Vehicle or Trailer Mounted Boom) type MEWP.
There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of MEWPs is an advantage. Please take into consideration your level of experience when booking your course. This course is a one day course.
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of MEWPs within the selected categories and be able to carry out a pre-use inspection and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to IPAF and MEWPs
- Pre-theory test
- Legislations, regulations, standards and best practice
- MEWP categories explained
- Structural parts identified
- Pre-use inspection/handover requirements
- Safe operating methods and hazards to be observed
- Post-theory test
- Practical training on selected categories
- Practical assessment on selected categories
- Licence renewal & log books
Please note our terms and conditions apply and that non-attendance may well incur additional costs higher than the published (subsidised) course fee.